The Visual Arts curriculum in school aims at developing pupils’ abilities of art making, and art appreciation and criticism, perceptual abilities, generic skills and metacognition. Studying Visual Arts enables pupils to enrich their aesthetics and arts experiences, as well as strengthen their abilities to appreciate and create various forms of visual arts work aesthetically and critically. Through exploration of the art of diverse cultures, cultural and cross-cultural understanding is enhanced.
- To provide pupils with basic concepts of visual arts
- To encourage pupils to take part in creative work
- To develop pupils’ aesthetic potential in art creation
- To explore pupils’ power of observation through the appreciation and experiencing of the environment
- To lead pupils into artistic enjoyment